Thursday, February 28, 2008

Labor Arts





This collection is a virtual museum of images and artifacts dedicated to laborers and organized workers of all types. It's composed of leaflets, flyer's, posters, photographs, and union artifacts from the 1940's-1980's. The collection online is small but it does cover a wide variety of objects which is pretty great. The online gallery is part of the Robert Wagner Labor Archive in New York.

Unfortunately, the metadata is brief (among the ones I looked at) it just gives and overview of the item such as time period, and collection. It would be nice if it contained material, size, or a brief history.

The general public might get a kick out of this, perhaps anyone that had been involved in workers rights may want to see if his/her organization is represented here. There is a link to further resources if someone was interested in further study or research. Also, a link to a forum and discussion page. I'd love to discuss it more but I just realized I only have two minutes...

No comments: