Thursday, February 21, 2008

Reanimation Library



Collection: This is a small collection library in Brooklyn that has saved and found books from thrift stores and dumpsters. These books had been taken out of circulation and now have been given a new life. It was started by a man that used the images from these books in flyers for his punk band.

Metadata: There is a history of the Library, a statement of their collection principle and a few ways to search the collection either by title ( I have no idea how you would know the titles) or by subject. There is also information about each collection and a link to each one. You can browse the images which is a small collection of images from select books in the collection.

The technical information page gives information about the structure of the Catalog database: Metadata Object Description Schema (MODS), and how the site was constructed.
Audience: The web site says it is a resource for for cultural archeologists, artist, and musicians.
I imagine the casual user or browser can waste some valuable time here looking at the sample of images from the collection- I know I did.

No comments: